Sunday, April 22, 2012

Child Extortion

 

Max toddler  Max was  already very smart when he started kindergarten Because of all the extra tutoring he received from Grandpa Lake, and all the people who lived with them.

He often had to prove his intelligence.    From Grandma Millie's history she writes ;

“I thought it was good of my brother Oren to take Max with him in the afternoons when he got off work.  I thought it was because Oren didn’t have any children that he wanted to take Max with him.  It wasn’t until I was writing my life story that Max finally told me what actually occurred.  Oren would take Max to a bar, sit him up on the counter, then have the other men ask him questions about baseball or math problems and then bet that Max knew the answers.  Max did know the answers and this was a great sport for Oren.  If I had known at the time I wouldn’t have let Oren do it but I guess no great harm was done.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment