Sunday, June 24, 2012

First Date and Clothing Philosophy

 

  DSC_0015Franklin D. Roosevelt thought Thanksgiving was too close to Christmas and he changed the date to the third Thursday of November.  My sixteenth birthday came on Thanksgiving for that one year only.  I also had my first formal date that night.  We had gone to Grandpa Lakes for dinner and Merrill Andrus picked me up there.  We went to Rexburg to the movie theater.  I don’t remember much about the evening except I was excited.  I didn’t worry about my hair or dress.  I wasn’t sure of myself at this time.

I wonder if most teen-agers don’t take themselves too seriously.  I know I did, and yet I had everything going for me.  Now at age 87 I do my own hair, wear clothes I had on my mission 30 years ago and could care less.  I still weigh the same as I did in High School, 125 lbs. So they fit.  My clothes are a better style than most you could find in a store.  I wear a lot of skirts and blouses.  The rage is fancy pocket. tight fitting jeans and I don’t like them   They are not flattering, unless you have a perfect shape.

That skirt and blouse I wore for the picture was one I wore on my mission 22 years ago.  I have worn it every spring since.  It is polyester double knit and doesn't wrinkle. It has been washed many many times and has never lost its color, in fact it still has my name on the tag.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You look great Grandma! How many people can say they weighed the same as in high school? Not many!

    ReplyDelete