Thursday, September 13, 2012

Temple Sealing

   There were seven of us in the car 1943, when we left home, to go to the Temple in Salt Lake City.  The Idaho Falls Temple wasn't built until 1945.  We were pulling the trailer.  Grandma Emma, Rachel (Jess's mother) and Rachel's sister-in-law Ida Sutton.  At the last minute two of Rachel's friends wanted to go to Salt Lake with us, Ivy and Pearl Weekes.   We parked the trailer at a camp and we slept and ate there for two nights.

We were prepared to go to the Temple to be sealed.  Everyone went except Grandma Emma and Ida.  They weren't members of the church.

SLC Temple The Temple wasn't what I expected..   I wore my graduation wedding dress and Rachel had made me a long sleeve blouse to wear over it.  I was nervous and didn't know what to do.  I was impressed with the spirit that was there and the beauty.  I treasure the memory of Jess and I kneeling over the Holy altar and knew we would be together for ever.  Mark Austin married us June 11, 1943.  Jess and I left the next day for Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment