Monday, December 17, 2012

Garth

  Garth was born July 4, 1950.flad 

Jess and I liked to walk to the river on Sundays.  This time we decided to go on the holiday.  We could walk up through our own fields and look at our crops.   We would sit at the edge of the river and visit and then walk home again.  Steve and Lee were big enough to enjoy going with us     We hadn’t walked very far and I knew it was the day Garth was to be born.  Again the baby would come early. 

     Jess’ sister, Zella was expecting two weeks earlier than I was and  Kyle was born that morning.  Garth came early and again our third son was born at the maternity home. Zella and I were in beds side by side, but I was sitting up feeling slim and back to normal, when a friend came to visit.  She looked at me and asked when was I going to have my baby.  I will never forget my reaction to that statement.  It might be interesting to tell that Zella’s first baby was born on my birthday and my first child was born on her birthday and then we both had babies born on the 4th.    Garth was beautiful, healthy, contented baby.  He had huge adenoids and tonsils and had to have them removed, before he was a year old.  This was a fun time of life.

garth lee steve jess

 

  We had three sons and were only farming the valley.  We had time to enjoy life .

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment