Monday, July 30, 2012

The Dating Years

 

 

gwen 042We started dating young.  In the winter time  we would go is to the
Archer or Lyman dances on Friday night  once  a month.  In the winter we would go by sleigh, wrapped in blankets, when it was really cold.  If we got too cold we would get out of the sleigh and hold on the back and run along side.
When I was a junior in High School  I dated a fellow that had a nice car.  In the winter, our lane down from the main road, was often drifted full and many dates walked me in from the main road.  One fellow assured  me his car would drive the lane and not get stuck.  I told him I wouldn't get my Dad out of bed, to pull him out, if he got stuck.  We got stuck and I just got out of the car and walked home alone.  I never did know how he got his car out but he never ask me for a date again.

In the summer we could go to the movie theater.  Often a group of us girls would each put in 25 cents.  That would buy the movie ticket , a hamburger and some for gas.  Our favorite place was the Dill Pickle Inn in Rigby  I was never able to furnish the car but I always had money.  I took care of my money.  We would also go to watch either  Archer or Lyman wards play M.I.A. basketball.   That is the way I met Jess.

1 comment:

  1. 25 cents for a movie, hamburger and gas?!! My how times have changed!

    I'm interested to know where this picture was taken?

    ReplyDelete