Thursday, November 29, 2012

Idaho Falls Temple

idaho-falls-mormon-temple1-thumb 

  We had donated money to pay our ward’s share of the Idaho Falls Temple.  I took my Grandpa and Grandma Lake to tour the Temple before dedication.  My Grandpa Lake never learned to drive a car.  He would walk to Rexburg when he needed something.  He had to walk from the Rexburg cemetery road.   Jess and I also toured the Temple later.  Since I w as nursing Steve, he toured the Temple twice before he was a month old.      The Temple was dedicated Sept 24, 1945.  Jess’s sister Zella, his mother Rachel, Jess and I, all attended together.  We only had tickets to sit in the basement but I was grateful to be there.  It was a thrilling spiritual experience. 

     We had never been back to the Temple, since we were married in the Salt Lake Temple.  After the I.F. Temple was opened Jess and I attended regularly for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment