Thursday, January 24, 2013

Playing Cards

card playing 

 

Do you know anyone today who looks a lot like Jess?

 

 

It was always fun to go to my parent’s house. Randy once wrote a school essay, My Teenage Grandfather. That describes my Dad. He was a great tease, and joker.   He always challenged my sons to foot races and tricked them.

Max, Marva, Tom and I were married and we would meet at their home to play cards. Our favorite game was Hearts, a form of rummy. You passed 3 cards, you didn’t want, to the person sitting next to you. The one who ended up with the Queen of Spades lost. Jess passed his cards to Bonnie. Then he led spades,right after he had passed her the Queen. Bonnie, not having any other spades, had to play the Queen, thus losing the game. Bonnie was the epitome of a gracious lady, but she said “Damn You Jess”, loud and clear.   We laughed about that for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment