Monday, March 25, 2013

Toastmistress

head   I joined the Toastmistress Club in Rigby.  We practiced our talks on each other and then had one chosen to represent our club at the State Meet.  My talk was,” What are the three top priorities in your life?  Every place I went I ask this question.  Most LDS gave the same answer.  Church, family and the third thing was where their heart truly was.  Jeannette Sharp said, “If it wasn’t for my wheelchair wouldn’t be able to get out of bed.  A young student, who was a convert to the church, said, “Jesus”.   A non-LDS said, “Work, sports, family”   I didn’t win.  Each talk had a time limit.  Mine was too short.  I talk too fast when I am nervous.    

  .    Jess was having trouble breathing and he went to about six different doctors.  They all said his heart was bad and gave him heart medicine.  He was getting worse.  He found some relief when he went to Dr. Woodland who suggested that part of Jess’s problem was that his thyroid wasn’t functioning properly.   He couldn’t prescribe medicine but he made him an appointment with Dr. Krantz.  Dr. Krantz was fantastic.  He was our family doctor from that day on.  He treated Jess like a personal friend and always had time to sit and visit about the farm.  Several times Dr. Krantz phoned Jess for advice on a farm he had just bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment