Monday, February 25, 2013

Garth Ran Away From Home

Suttons 002

   

  This summer was difficult and Garth ran away from home. I thought everything was going OK and I was giving all my attention to Jess, who was having trouble breathing. We were taking him to two different doctors, at this time and I was trying to help out on the farm. Garth was quiet and didn’t say much. I guess he thought he was being left out. One Sunday afternoon, we couldn’t find him. We went to the basement and his clothes were gone. Garth had boxed up his things and left. Later in the day Jess’s mother phoned and said Garth was there. We went over and talked to him and tried to get him to come home. At first he said he wouldn’t but he finally did.

I learned a valuable lesson that day. Just when you think things are going smooth is when something goes wrong. After that, Jess tried to include Garth with the farming operation and decision, instead of just the older sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment