Sunday, February 3, 2013

Little League

little league baseball flyer       Rexburg had little league baseball teams.  I thought our country boys should be able to play in their league.  I organized a team and was the coach of Archer’s first team.  I would put the entire team in the car and go to the games.  We had most of the boys Steve and Lee’s age that wanted to play and we won our share of games.  

 

    I served as P.T.A. Pres. that year.  I didn’t want to do it.  I would rather have worked in a church calling.  I told them I would do it for one year.  Attendance was poor at the P.T.A. meetings so we got some interesting lectures and worked to get the report cards changed.  They were rated A.B.C. etc.  Different school in the district had report cards similar to what we use today and we wanted it for our school.  A child should not be compared with the class but his own progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment