Monday, February 4, 2013

Sunday School

Book of Mormon     I began teaching the twelve year olds in Sunday School and was soon on the Sunday School Stake Board.  This made it difficult to visit my assigned ward once a month but the hours were different so I didn’t have to leave my class too often.  Once a month all the ward teachers, in that age group came to a Union Meeting and we were to give them ideas how to teach the lessons for the following month.  That was easy but I hated to give a talk each  month in a different ward.  I challenged the class to read the Book of Mormon and the first one to read it, I would present them with their own book.  Many in the class accepted the challenge.  It has been a thrill, through the years, to feel close to the kids I taught.  

      When Bill Squires reported his mission he said that while in the mission field someone asked him a question and he didn’t know the answer.  All at once, in his mind’s eye, he could see me standing before the class and answering that question.  I often wondered if the things I taught had been remembered.     

       This was the first I became acquainted with Rex Jensen.  He was in the Sunday School. Presidency in his ward and when I went to Burton to visit he always had time to visit and joke with me.   Who would have thought that I would eventually marry Rex.

No comments:

Post a Comment