Sunday, February 3, 2013

JFK

     November 19, 1963 I was mixing dough for the six dozen rolls, I had been assigned to bring for our bazaar dinner. I never listen to the radio in the day time, I liked to sing or memorize poetry and pray about who needed me. Arnold Briggs drove up and told me Pres. Kennedy had been shot. He died at 12:30 M.T.  I was  shocked. My first reaction was that we should cancel the bazaar. I knew we couldn’t do that. The ladies of the ward were busy baking and preparing for the dinner and cooked food sale. I immediately prayed about what to do. I felt comfortable that we should continue as planned. We had a good attendance but it was a somber crowd. We were all heartsick that our President had been killed. The only ones who criticized me for continuing with the bazaar, were two of the older sisters.

JFKarticle

No comments:

Post a Comment