Wednesday, August 8, 2012

High School Graduation

 

I graduated from seminary after three years.  I learned more from those classes that has helped me through out my life, than from any other class.
     It was 1942 and I was ready to graduate from High School.  I didn’t have any money for a dress and I wouldn’t ask my folk to buy one, they didn’t have any money either.  I missed the last four weeks of school and thinned beets.  I purchased a three tier white organdy formal.  It fit perfectly.  It didn’t even need shortened.  I was glad later I had chosen a white dress because it was also my wedding dress.  I had it until 1987 and it still fit perfectly but I lost it in one of my moves.   I have not changed dress sizes in all the years since.
    The night I graduated Mom didn’t have any way to come to my graduation so she went with Jess and I.  My Dad and none of my brothers or Marva went, we didn’t have a car.  I had my hair fixed at a beauty shop and it looked terrible.  We took Mom home after the graduation and instead of going to the high school dance we went to Riverside Gardens. Jess gave me a watch, which would have taken a months wages.

No comments:

Post a Comment