Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Interesting use for a little black dress!

      Jess picked me up after school and we went to Ashton to pick up a load of seed potatoes.   The spuds were in sacks and sitting against the wall of the cellar.  Jess and I loaded all those spuds alone.  He lifted them on the back of the truck and would drag them to the front.  It took a long time.  I had worn my good black dress,  and it got really dirty. Girls had to wear dresses, no pants and boys had to wear dress pants, no levis or work clothes. We stopped in Ashton on our way home and it was 3:00 a.m. when I got home.  Again I was grateful that my mother understood and didn’t  even scold me.  As I look back now I think my mother lost a lot of sleep over me.

 

 

       I doubt Mom’s dress looked like any of these!

      Once again Grandma Millie was amazing!!

      I bet after than night Jess knew he had quite a find!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment